Dispute Resolution Procedure
Under clause 31.2, in the event that a dispute arises between a would-be exhibitor and the Organiser, refers to pre-contractual disputes between the parties (ie. contracts that are unsigned by both parties) and shall be dealt with in accordance with our dispute resolution procedures as follows:
- If any dispute arises between the would-be Exhibitor and the Organiser in connection with this Agreement (Dispute), then either party may notify the other of the Dispute with a notice (Dispute Notice) which:
- Includes or is accompanied by full and detailed particulars of the Dispute; and
- Is delivered within 7 Business Days of the circumstances giving rise to the Dispute first occurring.
- A representative (with the authority to resolve the dispute) must arrange to meet with all parties (virtually or otherwise) and seek to resolve the Dispute.
- If the representative is unable to resolve the dispute, the would-be exhibitor has the right to decline to enter into said agreement without effect to existing agreements or relationship with the Organiser
- The organiser retains the right to refuse any would-be Exhibitor from exhibiting and decline to enter into said agreement, without reason and without effect to existing agreements or relationship with the Organiser
- Any dispute with a would-be Exhibitor does not effect any other contractual agreements already in existence between the parties.